Easier to transform, harder in service
CREUSABRO ® 8000 ℗ is a high performance wear resistant steel, exhibiting on average a wear resistance of 40 - 45 % higher than that of conventional 500 HB water quenched steel in optimised conditions.
CREUSABRO ® 8000 ℗ offers the best possible balance between exceptional wear resistance and improved workability.
Application markets of CREUSABRO ® 8000 ℗ are: mining, quarrying, cement industry, steel production, public works…
|Thicknesses (mm)||Formats (mm)|
|5 - 60||1500 × 3000
2500 × 8000
Typical values (weight %).
|≤ 0.28||≤ 1.60||∼ 0.40||≤ 1.60||≥ 0.20||> 0.005||< 0.015|
Mechanical properties in delivery conditions
|Hardness (HB)||UTS (MPa)||YS (MPa)||KCVL -20°C (J)||E (%)|
CREUSABRO ® 8000 ℗ originality is to be delivered at an intentional limited hardness in order to bring to subcontractor and manufacturer an easier way to work with. Bending in easier conditions (limited power requested), rolling in easier way (once again limited power requested), machining easier due to homogeneous micro-structure.
“TRIP effect”(Transformation Induced by Plasticity)
CREUSABRO ® 8000 ℗ , due to its initial structure containing retained austenite, has the capability to work harden in service under the action of local plastic deformations.
- with high speed tools HSSCO (9 % cobalt)
ex: AFNOR AR 184.108.40.206‑AWS M42
(for small and medium series)
- or with high speed tools with tips in tungsten carbide or solid carbide drill (used for small diameters) in this case with straight flutes. ex: K10 K20 according to Iso standard Lubrification : 20 % soluble oil (flow 10 l / min flow rate) Iso MAD674317
Can be done as long as following conditions are met:
- edges preparation by grinding to remove HAZ, edges in Bending zone rounding top and botton;
- minimum internal bending radius (table below);
- plate temperature at 10 °C min.
|Internal minimum radius||V block opening minimum|
|Transversal||5 x th||14 x th|
|Longitudinal||6 x th||14 x th|
According to the above parameters, bending strength depends thickness, die opening...
|Thickness (mm / in)||Bending strength (t/m)|
All the classical flame cutting processes can be used: oxygas, plasma, laser. whatever the flame cutting process used, the following conditions are good enough to avoid any risk of cold cracking.
Shall be performed in following conditions : Ø ≥ 40 x th (temperature of the piece ≥ 10 °C. CREUSABRO ® 8000 ℗ can be formed at a temperature of 450 - 500 °C without any further heat treatment. At this temperature, forming requires lower power than at room temperature, proportionally to the reduction of its yield strength YS 0.2.
|Size range (mm)||Thickness (mm)|
|1000 x 2000||8 - 25|
|1500 - 3000||5 - 50|
|2000 x 2000||20 - 60|
- with HSSCO (supercarburised cobalt alloy high speed steel) ex: AFNOR AR 220.127.116.11 A WS M35 or AR 12.05.5 A WS T15
- or carbide tips ‑ Roughing Iso P10 or P20 grooving P15.