Increased lifetime of liners, previously lasted 2 months, now lasting 4 to 5 months
Our customer, Sackers Scrap Metal & Waste Recycling, wanted to know which grade would last the longest in their application: metal recycling shredder liners.
They ordered a set of liners in 400HB and Creusabro® 8000 to do a comparison.
The 400HB liners lasted just 2 months whilst the Creusabro® 8000 liners lasted 4 to 5 months giving 100 – 150% extra wear life when compared to 400HB.
Not only does the C8000 work out cheaper when we compare the £’s per hour of the parts but it also reduces the amount of plant downtime for changing parts.
- Customer: Sackers Scrap Metal & Waste Recycling
- Country: UK
- Industry: Metal Recycling
- Application: Shredder
- Steel grade: Creusabro® 8000
- Aim of change: Increase wearlife of liners
- Previous steel grade: 400HB
- Customer’s benefit: Increased lifetime of liners, previously lasted 2 months, now lasting 4 to 5 months